HBRC Jetski Register

[Jump to content]


*- indicates required field.

Important information

This application is for the registration of personal water craft (jet ski) for operation in the Hawke's Bay region. A personal water craft is a power driven vessel with a fully enclosed hull, such as a jet ski or Sea-Doo. It does not take on water if capsized, and is designed to be operated by a person standing, sitting astride, or kneeling on it.

Before you start you will need:
  • your jet ski make and model
  • your hull serial number
  • a credit or debit card
  • trailer registration number (if applicable)

If you need assistance contact the Harbourmaster on 06 833 4525, or email harbourmaster@hbrc.govt.nz

Before completing this form please read and agree to the conditions below:
  • Jet ski’s are considered ‘power-driven vessels’ by law, so there are rules that apply when using both jet skis & power driven vessels on the water. Make sure to familiarise yourself with the local rules (grab yourself a copy of the Navigation Safety Bylaw from our website here.).
  • You must be 15 years or older to operate a jet ski. Anyone under the age of 15 operating a jet ski, must be under the direct supervision of a person 15 years or older, where that person is in immediate reach of the controls.
  • It is an offence to use an unregistered jet ski in the Hawke's Bay region. If an unregistered craft is being used in or upon the waters of the Hawke's Bay region then you may receive a $200 fine.

The information you have supplied is required by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to process your personal water craft application. Access to the information held by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council is administered in accordance with the Local Government Information and Meetings Act 1987 and the Privacy Act 1993. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have right of access to personal information held by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council and you are entitled to request information about you to be corrected. Information may be released to the Department of Internal Affairs or other councils which require personal watercraft registration in their regions.

Your session is about to time out.

You will lose any unsaved data.

Click "Continue" to extend your session.

Unfortunately, an error has occurred when processing this form. Please click "OK" to reload.